Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Reading Assignment

I actually have work to do today (I know, I am not too happy about it, but I have to eat), so I am not glued to the Internet nor watching the news nor reading the local papers that much today. But things are looking up--to me, at least--and Jim Shultz at the Democracy Center has a good analysis of recent developments. Go there, then stop by and say hello to Otto and El Dude, because you will not find me covering protests in Santa Cruz today, as I left town. Currently, I am holed up in the foothills in a sleepy little town. Dogs are sleeping in the street, and I am tempted to join them. It looks comfortable!

But sometimes the life of a traveling copy editor dictates sitting on the terrace above the central plaza, sipping beer and digging down and making sure that the verb agrees with the noun. (Or whatever--anybody got a style guide? I left mine in La Paz.)

No comments: